ONE Volunteer Hour Per Parent... if everyone contributes that, we'll have an extraordinary year!
Opportunities fall under five categories: Events, Classroom, School wide needs, PTA board needs, and At home opportunities. Scroll down to see what's available, and check back frequently as opportunities are update regularly!
- The Variety show Committee is looking for volunteers to help with the event! We are looking for both student and parent volunteers for the event. The tasks have been divided into short intervals of 1 - 2 hours to make it easier for all parents to help if desired.
- Lunch volunteers - Only volunteers who have signed up will be allowed to volunteer at lunch. See the most recent issue of the Chronicle for monthly sign up lists
- For the Love of Art
You don't have to be Picasso, DaVinci or Degas to appreciate fine art, especially art created at the hands of our amazing children. We need one or two individuals to assist Mrs. Horan bi-weekly either Wednesdays from 12:00-12:30 or after school to help mount artwork to adorn the halls of RCES. Once you get the hang of the procedure, this work could be completed at home at your convenience. If you are interested in helping Mrs. Horan and brightening the halls of our wonderful school, please contact Amber Holmes at email@example.com or (248) 202-0456. I will get you in touch with Mrs. Horan.
- Be a room parent!
This is a great opportunity to get to know you child's teacher and classmates. Click here for information on the room parent's role and time commitment. Contact your teacher if interested.
- Be an Art enrichment parent!
Pay a monthly 30-40 minute visit to your child's classroom to discuss a pre-selected artwork and do an activity. Interact with your child's classmates and have fun! More information is available here.
- Contact your child's teacher for other classroom volunteer opportunities and/or supply needs. The more we can do to help our teachers, the more time they can dedicate to our kids.
- Our staff is always in need of miscellaneous supplies. See the list here, regularly updated by staff.
- The Nurses' Office can always use gently used clothes (all sizes) and new underwear (all sizes)
- Our staff lounge furniture is in very bad shape. RCES is looking for a coffee table (wood is preferable); and about 18 chairs (wood or plastic would be preferable) for the staff lounge. If you have any furniture to donate, or know of anyone who might, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Pickup is available. Thank you from the PTA and staff!
- Have a green thumb? Dedicate an hour every week to weeding and helping to keep our courtyard looking beautiful. SSL opportunities are available. Contact email@example.com if interested.
The PTA is very much in need of people to fill the following roles. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- School Spirit Merchandise Coordinator
- Special Education Committee Liaison to MCCPTA
- Childcare coordinator for PTA meetings (SSL opportunity)
- Kindergarten Orientation Event Chair
- Movie Night Event Chair
- School Needs Liason
- Sports & Fitness Night Event Chair
- Variety Show Event Chair
There are a number of ways that you can help the school at home, or on your own time. Contact
email@example.com for more information. Examples include:
- Data Entry
- Copying and collating flyers
- Many of the above PTA board needs require minimal time, offer flexibility, or occur just once a year.
Do you have a skill that you would like to share with us? We're happy to hear ways that you would like to volunteer! Email firstname.lastname@example.org