Dads, DUDES & donuts
Dads, Stepdads, Granddads, Uncles... come have breakfast with your children at school! Donuts, coffee and OJ will be served, courtesy of the RCES PTA.
Friday, November 3 at 8:30am in the All Purpose Room
Moms, this is always a very fun and busy event, and we need lots of volunteers to set up and keep things moving smoothly! Volunteer signup is available at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f054dadae2aa3ff2-dudes.
We are requesting that parents please refrain from parking in our parking lot Friday morning, as we require 104 spaces for our staff. Please park on the street and other nearby locations to allow our staff to access the lot. Thank you!!
RESTAURANT NIGHT AT NALLEY FRESH
Monday, November 13 5-8PM
Nalley Fresh - Kentlands, 261 Kentlands Blvd, Gaithersburg
Enjoying running into friends at restaurant nights? Have you spotted your teacher grabbing a bite?
Join us for another restaurant night fundraiser to support RCES PTA. Bring in this flyer, show it on your smartphone, or tell the cashier you're supporting RCES to make sure that a percentage of proceeds are donated to PTA! Share this event with family & friends. Everyone is welcome, just remind them to say they're with RCES!
RACE FOR EDUCATION
Fundraiser runs now through Tuesday, November 14th
Rachel Carson is conducting its first Race for Education to raise $24,000 for classroom and student resources (e.g., BrainPOP, workbooks, art supplies, music instruments, PE equipment, etc.) in addition to disaster relief efforts for Hurricane Harvey victims. During the event on the 14th, students will walk or jog around the upper field as many times as possible for 45 minutes. Note that this is not actually a race, there will be no winners. Kids can walk, jog, run, dance, hop... however they want to move for 45 minutes. The goal is just to move forward! See the event fact sheet here.
Please help us toward our goal by asking sponsors to contribute to these worthy causes! Contributions can be made by visiting www.race4ed.com/rces and searching for your child's name, or send a check made out to RCES PTA with your child to school. A few of the fun prizes for participating include:
- A treat for all Race for Education participants after the “race”
- A Treasure Box prize card for students who receive 1 donation
- A Pajama & Stuffed Animal Day card for students who receive 3 donations
- A free Activity Book (Pre-K) or “Choose Your Seat at Lunch” card (K-5th) for students who receive 6 donations
- A choice of a free Stuffed Animal or a Lego Mini Set for students who receive 9 donations
- A Movie & Popcorn Party for each class that receives an average of three sponsor donations per student
- The opportunity to Silly String the “A Team” (e.g., Principal, Assistant Principal, School Administrator) for the class with the highest average of sponsor donations per student
- The designation of “Principal for the Day” for the student with the most number of donations
- The chance to eat lunch with the Principal and receive a fun gift basket for the student who raises the most money
And, as a special treat for reaching our goal of $24,000, Mrs. Hammond will dress as a TURKEY for the day as a way to “give thanks” for the RCES’ community’s generosity.
In addition to raising funds, this event incorporates the common good curriculum, teaching students four attributes: 1) active citizenship 2) responsible leadership, 3) an entrepreneurial mindset and 4) confidence. In order for this to be a success, the students need to understand why they are participating. Please talk to your kids about Hurricane Harvey. Show them pictures. Talk to them about the importance of helping others who are in need, and how they can help children whose school supplies were ruined by the flooding (active citizenship). Talk to them about the importance of also helping themselves, by getting the school supplies they need to succeed (active citizenship and responsible leadership).
Please direct all inquires to Angie Borkat at email@example.com.
More events coming soon
Check the calendar to see what other fun & exciting events we're planning!