ONE Volunteer Hour Per Parent... if everyone contributes that, we'll have an extraordinary year!
Opportunities fall under five categories: Events, Classroom, School wide needs, PTA board needs, and At home opportunities. Scroll down to see what's available, and check back frequently as opportunities are update regularly!
- Sports and Fitness Night (Friday 5/18) needs your help to keep things "running" smoothly! Sign up through our new volunteer portal at https://rces-pta.membershiptoolkit.com/volunteer/20989
- The Spring Concert needs volunteers before & during the concert. Sign up through our new volunteer portal at https://rces-pta.membershiptoolkit.com/volunteer/20992
- If you would like to help take photos during Kindergarten orientation, please email Franki_R_Mirkin@mcpsmd.org
- Lunch volunteers - Only volunteers who have signed up will be allowed to volunteer at lunch. See the most recent issue of the Chronicle for monthly sign up lists
- For the Love of Art
You don't have to be Picasso, DaVinci or Degas to appreciate fine art, especially art created at the hands of our amazing children. We need one or two individuals to assist Mrs. Horan bi-weekly either Wednesdays from 12:00-12:30 or after school to help mount artwork to adorn the halls of RCES. Once you get the hang of the procedure, this work could be completed at home at your convenience. If you are interested in helping Mrs. Horan and brightening the halls of our wonderful school, please contact Amber Holmes at email@example.com or (248) 202-0456. I will get you in touch with Mrs. Horan.
- Be a room parent!
This is a great opportunity to get to know you child's teacher and classmates. Click here for information on the room parent's role and time commitment. Contact your teacher if interested.
- Be an Art enrichment parent!
Pay a monthly 30-40 minute visit to your child's classroom to discuss a pre-selected artwork and do an activity. Interact with your child's classmates and have fun! More information is available here.
- Contact your child's teacher for other classroom volunteer opportunities and/or supply needs. The more we can do to help our teachers, the more time they can dedicate to our kids.
- Our staff is always in need of miscellaneous supplies. See the list here, regularly updated by staff.
- The Nurses' Office can always use gently used clothes (all sizes) and new underwear (all sizes)
The PTA is very much in need of people to fill the following roles. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- School Spirit Merchandise Coordinator
- Special Education Committee Liaison to MCCPTA
- Social Media Chair
- Newsletter Editor
There are a number of ways that you can help the school at home, or on your own time. Contact
email@example.com for more information. Examples include:
- Data Entry
- Copying and collating flyers
- Many of the above PTA board needs require minimal time, offer flexibility, or occur just once a year.
Do you have a skill that you would like to share with us? We're happy to hear ways that you would like to volunteer! Email firstname.lastname@example.org