ONE Volunteer Hour Per Parent... if everyone contributes that, we'll have an extraordinary year!
Opportunities fall under five categories: Events, Classroom, School wide needs, PTA board needs, and At home opportunities. Scroll down to see what's available, and check back frequently as opportunities are update regularly!
- Family Events
- Race for Education - We are in need of an hour of your day. Positions include monitoring the race, handing out water, tracking laps and taking pictures
- Lunch volunteers - Only volunteers who have signed up will be allowed to volunteer at lunch. See the most recent issue of the Chronicle for monthly sign up lists
- Be a room parent!
This is a great opportunity to get to know you child's teacher and classmates. Click here for information on the room parent's role and time commitment. Contact your teacher if interested.
- Be an Art enrichment parent!
Pay a monthly 30-40 minute visit to your child's classroom to discuss a pre-selected artwork and do an activity. Interact with your child's classmates and have fun! More information is available here.
- Contact your child's teacher for other classroom volunteer opportunities and/or supply needs. The more we can do to help our teachers, the more time they can dedicate to our kids.
- Our staff is always in need of miscellaneous supplies. See the list here, regularly updated by staff.
- Our staff lounge furniture is in very bad shape. RCES is looking for a coffee table (wood is preferable); and about 18 chairs (wood or plastic would be preferable) for the staff lounge. If you have any furniture to donate, or know of anyone who might, email email@example.com. Pickup is available. Thank you from the PTA and staff!
- Have a green thumb? Dedicate an hour every week to weeding and helping to keep our courtyard looking beautiful. SSL opportunities are available. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
The PTA is very much in need of people to fill the following roles. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- School Spirit Merchandise Coordinator
- Staff Appreciation & Hospitality Coordinator
- Special Education Committee Liaison to MCCPTA
- Childcare coordinator for PTA meetings (SSL opportunity)
- Community Service Week Organizer
- Barnes & Noble Night Event Chair
- Halloween Food Drive & Walk Event Chair
- Kindergarten Orientation Event Chair
- Movie Night Event Chair
- School Needs Liason
- Sports & Fitness Night Event Chair
- Variety Show Event Chair
There are a number of ways that you can help the school at home, or on your own time. Contact
firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Examples include:
- Data Entry
- Copying and collating flyers
- Many of the above PTA board needs require minimal time, offer flexibility, or occur just once a year.
Do you have a skill that you would like to share with us? We're happy to hear ways that you would like to volunteer! Email email@example.com