ONE Volunteer Hour Per Parent... if everyone contributes that, we'll have an extraordinary year!
Opportunities fall under five categories: Events, Classroom, School wide needs, PTA board needs, and At home opportunities. Scroll down to see what's available, and check back frequently as opportunities are update regularly!
- The Staff Appreciation Committee is still looking for additional wrapping supplies for this Friday's Complimentary Gift Wrapping Services for our amazing RCES Staff. Our Volunteer "Elves" will be wrapping this Friday Dec 8th and next Friday Dec 15th.
If you have time to pick up and donate some items, please take a look at this Sign Up to see what we need:If you have time to volunteer, please sign up here:
- Lunch volunteers - Only volunteers who have signed up will be allowed to volunteer at lunch. See the most recent issue of the Chronicle for monthly sign up lists
- Be a room parent!
This is a great opportunity to get to know you child's teacher and classmates. Click here for information on the room parent's role and time commitment. Contact your teacher if interested.
- Be an Art enrichment parent!
Pay a monthly 30-40 minute visit to your child's classroom to discuss a pre-selected artwork and do an activity. Interact with your child's classmates and have fun! More information is available here.
- Contact your child's teacher for other classroom volunteer opportunities and/or supply needs. The more we can do to help our teachers, the more time they can dedicate to our kids.
- Our staff is always in need of miscellaneous supplies. See the list here, regularly updated by staff.
- Our staff lounge furniture is in very bad shape. RCES is looking for a coffee table (wood is preferable); and about 18 chairs (wood or plastic would be preferable) for the staff lounge. If you have any furniture to donate, or know of anyone who might, email email@example.com. Pickup is available. Thank you from the PTA and staff!
- Have a green thumb? Dedicate an hour every week to weeding and helping to keep our courtyard looking beautiful. SSL opportunities are available. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
The PTA is very much in need of people to fill the following roles. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- School Spirit Merchandise Coordinator
- Staff Appreciation & Hospitality Coordinator
- Special Education Committee Liaison to MCCPTA
- Childcare coordinator for PTA meetings (SSL opportunity)
- Community Service Week Organizer
- Barnes & Noble Night Event Chair
- Halloween Food Drive & Walk Event Chair
- Kindergarten Orientation Event Chair
- Movie Night Event Chair
- School Needs Liason
- Sports & Fitness Night Event Chair
- Variety Show Event Chair
There are a number of ways that you can help the school at home, or on your own time. Contact
firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Examples include:
- Data Entry
- Copying and collating flyers
- Many of the above PTA board needs require minimal time, offer flexibility, or occur just once a year.
Do you have a skill that you would like to share with us? We're happy to hear ways that you would like to volunteer! Email email@example.com